Thu, 2 August 2018
- Arthur Amarra headline interview - AON2 smart altimeter inventor
- Ewan Cowie School of Hard Knocks
- Even Rokne Ask the Expert about Innhopps
- Paul Rimmington Front Cover of an impromptu 14way over Cark
- Michael Bellotti Back Cover of some dude not wearing any skydiving gear at some place in the world
- James Corden and Tom Cruise do a tandem. New hand signal invented. Brian's students love it.
- The UK runs out of money due to two months of non-stop glorious weather.
- Wingsuiters go up by >100m. Wtf.
- Speed skydivers go down by > the laws of physics will allow. Err....
- USPA allows indoor skydiving as part of AFF outdoor skydiving training. Err....
- Women on Wings lose planes.
- Women on Wings lose luggage. Brian, Craig and Tash have very similar thoughts on how to transport rigs on commercial flights.
- Skydive Radio played 5mins of our audio. They love us. <swoon>
- Alex Busby Hicks sends us some gifts. Ta mate.
- Every other listener DOESN'T send us gifts. Wankers. <hint>
- Helen 'Whippet' Terry email and Gilaad audio submissions
- Brian's nightmare came true. Weird.
- Brian has a shiny new digital logbook. Thank you Linley Ewing.
- Tash has a working dishwasher
- Craig has a working sodastream. Yes, really.
- Brian is the only host to have jumped in the fortnight between episodes. Could you tell?
Thank you for listening. Please share the podcast with your friends. And please consider supporting AON2 with their X2 smart alti. British design and we should be supporting our innovators.
Direct download: RSUK52_2018-07-30.mp3
-- posted at: 9:45pm UTC
Wed, 11 July 2018
- Rai starts before everyone (well, actually, just Brian) is ready.
- Ewan Cowie Headline Interview
- Front Cover by Mads Norrelund Olsen
- Back Cover by Charlie Wakeham of Simon Soper simulating a very very very low pull scenario.
- Book Club by Dean Fisher Freefall by Tom Reid
- Cilliers gets life.
- BPA Competitions committee shuffles some deck chairs.
- BASE jumping from a zippier (Andy and Wes)
- The other Joel is down for 50.
- Denmark had a Twin Herc boogie. Wow. Lucky ‘skidderikker’.
- Women on Wings World Record attempt from two AN-72s. Lucky ‘skidderikker’.
- Swooping World Champs
- Symbiosis under new management
- PRIDE & PEACE man… but no LOVE. Def no LOVE in the air.
- Extremeweek veko. Rai is happy no-one died this year. Yay, let’s have a party.
- Buzz voicemail. Crystal clear quality.
- Crystal voicemail, about some list. Her list? We forget what it’s called though.
- Melvyn O’Connell email with Danish space tech video
- James Doyle link to CaseFile podcast about Stephen Hilder
- Brian knows what the best job in skydiving is and has his eyes opened over dinner with some Instructor Examiners
- Craig bought another alti. Now running out of forearm space… and discusses vacuum pumps for… er… testing stuff, ahem.
- Craig went to the tunnel. We didn’t get a postcard.
- He’s going to Oz too. Unlikely to get a postcard from there either.
- Tash sat on a plane next to Brian. Forgot to ask for his autograph though.
- Tash’s teammate keeps losing shoes but always the left one. Is her left foot smaller discussion?
- Tash’s voice got recognised by a listener.
- Rai did a shit load of stuff but left early before talking about it. Bloody part timer.
We love all feedback. Please email us or facebook us. Or better yet, record some audio on your smart phone and email it to us. firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct download: RSUK51_2018-07-09_v2.mp3
-- posted at: 4:21pm UTC
Wed, 6 June 2018
- Dean Fisher Headline interview. 53 years of jumping. 50 years of instructing. Wow.
- Paul Mayer discusses the impending sale of Bedford Bodyflight
- Dan BC School of Hard Knocks and, wow, it's a good one.
- Front Cover by Harry Shanker at the Zion Freefly Name and Shame Boogie in Skydive Athens
- Karim Shokrae Book Club. He recommends ‘You Are Not So Smart’ by David McRaney, and ‘Thinking Fast and Slow’ by Daniel Kahneman
- Back Cover of Emily Sugars and Jason Hobbs over Skydive Langar taken by Ming Chu. Jason had a two out scenario on a later jump
- We replay our best Easter Egg. The Jumping (shipping) Forecast, created and recorded by Tash the legend.
- Crystal has a list. It's called CrystalsList.org and it covers all the boogies in the USofA. Nothing in Europe though. Meh.
- Cilliers trial ends with a guilty verdict. Caught him bang to rights.
- Plane crash at IPC. :-(
- The darker side of our sport is recognised.
- If you have been affected by any of the things discussed in tonight's episode, you may wish to speak to the Samaritans. It’s free, just call 116 123 in the UK or ROI.
- Langar's old 206 rises from the ashes and is getting a turbine upgrade
- Mission Impossible: Fallout features a raft of UK skydivers
- Congrats to Emma and Adam, Zoe and Graham for getting married and Ally Milne for not getting married. (10,000 jumps though. woop. woop)
- Reader emails from Gilaad and Bejay.
- Paul Rimmington audio message. He enjoyed Brian’s bigway camp in Klatovy. Can you tell?
- Craig (pedant #3) is trolled by Brian
- Brian, Tash and Craig think it would be funny to troll Martin Soulsby, Chair of the British Outdoor Skydiving Board of Directors at the next meeting.
- Brian describes tracking through the burble of an opening canopy with surprising nonchalance.
- Brian lost a glove. Found it. Lost it again. On three consecutive jumps. Annoying. But quite boring too.
- Craig takes a flight in a Rapide. #oldskool
- Craig goes to Buckingham Palace but has to make do with Charles, Camilla, Harry and Meghan.
- Tash went to Voss. But got snowed in at home.
- Tash attends a CF camp in the UK.
- Rai is too busy to show up.
- We hope you enjoy all 3hrs 33mins and 33seconds. :-)
- If you don’t, unlucky. x
Direct download: RSUK50_2018-06-04.mp3
-- posted at: 8:31pm UTC
Wed, 25 April 2018
- Rickster Powell Headline Interview, PD Canopy Test Pilot
- Front Cover by Denis Zhuravkov of Chris Bohn sitting on Phil Sparrow’s canopy over Florida Skydiving Centre
- Back Cover by Chris Cook of Alan Foulkes-Williams not giving up on his rears despite overwhelming evidence that he should.
- Karim Shokrae School of Hard Knocks
- Andy Ford Book Club. He recommends Ken Follet ‘Pillars of the Earth’
- Bryan Burke ‘How green is my skydive?’
- Tunnel for sale
- Fred and Vince never fail to bore us
- BPA Skydive The Expo videos are live
- BPA changes name to British Skydiving?
- Brian doesn’t feel so current after the winter but does AFF anyway.
- Craig doesn’t feel so current after the winter but downsizes to a
- PD Valkyrie 84 anyway.
- Listener input from Gilad
- Brian got to be on TV. And only said one swear word. Winning.
Direct download: RSUK49_2018-04-23.mp3
-- posted at: 12:49pm UTC
Thu, 25 January 2018
- Your Goals and out goals for 2018
- Rai Ahmed School of Hard Knocks
- Front Cover by Claudio Cagnasso of Roy Wimmer-Jaglom holding a freefall tube and Carlos Pedro Briceño headdown in his Squirrel wingsuit.
- Back Cover self portrait by Sam Bemment “Cogito ergo sum”
- Christopher Parsons reader submission
- Tom Shorten digital logbook template
- IPC stuff
- XRW stuff
- Craig said stuff
- Rai said stuff
- Brian said stuff
- Joel (remember him?) he said stuff too.
- Tash said stuff. And she wasn't even there!
Thank you for listening, see you at the Expo.
Direct download: RSUK48_2018-01-16.mp3
-- posted at: 5:20pm UTC
Sun, 24 December 2017
Radio-ho-ho Skydive UK Christmas Cracker bumper edition for when you get bored of turkey and TV.
- Tristan Hampson exclusive headline interview about the demise of Airborne San Diego
- Fred and Vince fly back into a a Porter (sometimes)
- More junk day shenanigans
- Who bought Daewoo QT1 Compact Microwave Oven and Kenny Loggins’ Danger Zone?
- Cover photo is of Frosty getting back into the sport in his comfort zone by Fordy
- Who wasn't at the Diani boogie?
- Vote now in the BPA election
- Surprise winner at first indoor wingsuit competition
- Dilys Price book club - The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- Ask the Expert with Pete Allum about coaching
- Interview with Arthur Amara from AON2 about his new X2 digital altimeter
- Rai has only been to Bahrain since the last episode
- Craig and Tash haven't been anywhere
- Brian's been at work (again) so we went looooong again
Direct download: Episode47..mp3
-- posted at: 7:26pm UTC
Sun, 26 November 2017
- Dilys Price - Pride of Britain - headline interview
- Rob Lloyd 'Ask the Expert' who critiques the GoPro 6 but recommends the Aukey 4K Action Camera
- John Le Blanc 'Book Club' who recommends The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
- Front Cover by Steve Fitch of of Sarge Atlarge and friends jumping an RAAF C-17 Globemaster over Skydive Ramblers (Australia).
- Back cover by Craig of his daughter Agnes modelling his Square One Kiss full face helmet.
- Brian is late and it's been a while so bumper episode!
- The wingsuit tunnel is one that Rai hasn't yet been in but we talk about it anyway
- Rai tried to go in Airborne San Diego but it had sadly closed by the time she got there...permanently :-(
- Craig has a nerdgasm over AON2's forthcoming altimeter the X2+
- The Freefall camera guys have shrunk their project and have permission from the CAA to test
- New sequential world record - 3 point 217 way
- And a new night record
- The Aussies get to jump a C-17
- Beautiful XRW with a Porter, Fred, Vince, Pete and friends
- Bear Grylls wind tunnel coming to Birmingham
- The Wolf theorem of bigway multi-point formations
- Rai double busy commenting at the WCIS and joining the Wuhan Clan
- Tash has also been busy as HoD at the Wingsuit World Cup and judging at the USPA CF and FS Nationals
- Craig has sold his Senseis and will order an out-of-stock stock Performance Designs Valkyrie
- Brian never made it - best episode ever!
Direct download: Episode36.mp3
-- posted at: 11:11pm UTC
Thu, 9 November 2017
- Norman Kent feature length XL interview, recorded October 2015 at Skydive Perris
- Norman takes us on a journey.
- Why he’s bored of being asked about Point Break. Oops.
- And Point Break 2.
- Why he moved to Florida.
- Why you shouldn’t be a hero.
- His favourite discipline to film and how wing suiting is different to all of them.
- What he does when he’s not skydiving.
- What his favourite bit of kit is.
- What he’d do if he was the King of Skydiving.
- Norman Kent School of Hard Knocks can be found on RSUK32
- RSUK46 planned for late November.
If you'd like to comment, please email, facebook or better yet, record some audio on your smartphone and email it to email@example.com
We hope you enjoy.
Direct download: RSUK45-_2017-11-0.mp3
-- posted at: 7:05am UTC
Mon, 11 September 2017
- Bill Booth, UPTVector demi-god, headline interview
Rob Lloyd Ask The Expert about your first camera helmet and stills camera
Bill Legard Book Club recommendation is “Boyd: The Fighter Pilot Who Changed the Art of War”
- Front Cover by Chris Cook of Tom Shorten over Skydive Langar
- Back Cover of Brian by Clem Quinn in Bewl Reservoir
- Nationals, Nationals, Nationals, Nationals (Tash and Rai won medals)
- Worlds, Worlds, Worlds
- Hilarious video mention of Jason Hobbs’ shoe coming off and attacking Emily Sugars under canopy. Video by Max Holmes.
- No mention of Stefan Pacel, at all. Thanks to a recent request from Oli Ellis.
- Swoop Challenge in Denmark (London 2019?)
Eclipse jumps in the dark
- A ‘tea leaf’ meets the ‘Old Bill’ thanks to Macca
- Shunt, a novel by Stubert Ferglestein, glowing recommendations flood in… “it’s not shit”. #shuntnotshit
- Brian learns to check that jumps are fancy dress before turning up suitably attired.
- Craig went to Germany for the World Cup. They started it. Then they stopped it. Then they started it. Repeat to fade…
- Craig was driving past Skydive London, thought it would be rude not to pop in and say hi, two jumps later…
- Tash flies to Raeford to Judge at the USPA CF Nationals
- Rai tells you whether you should learn to freefly on slow or fast wind speed settings in the tunnel. No wait, she cops out and says “a bit of both”.
- Brian had better weather in Czech Republic than Craig in Germany and loves the event video by Dan Girdea and Dave Clarke
- Ep45 coming up in Sept featuring a full length interview with Norman Kent.
Contribute via facebook, email or better yet record some audio on your smart phone and email it to us on firstname.lastname@example.org We love to hear from you.
Please share this post. Please share our podcast. Please write us a review wherever you source your podcasts from. We love you long time. x
Direct download: RSUK44_2017-09-11.mp3
-- posted at: 11:19pm UTC
Sun, 9 July 2017
- Rocky Evans Headline Interview
- SoHK with Marko M. Very dark.
- AtE with... oh... we forgot to play it. Oopsie!
- Front Cover by John Carter of Sophie, Ming and Adam over Skydive Langar
- Back Cover by Carlos Crow of the plane at Headcorn circling a CF formation.
- Max Hurd and Speed Skydiving
- Fraser Corsan new World Record
- Some famous couple's son, who we don't really care about, does a tandem.
- Teuge imminent closure?
- Will the APF change plane restraint recommendations?
- Brian has bigway fun at Black Knights and Peterlee
- Brian talks about camera helmets and displays his ignorance.
- IPC Alternate Delegate position settled in the RSUK studio by naked jelly wrestling
- Rai pops in and pops out - time continuity issue
- Tash rocks, does a canopy course and a CF camp in foreignerland.
- Craig talks succinctly and is straight to the point. Only kidding.
- Craig goes to Buckingham Palace and the Queen refuses to meet him. True Story.
- Show stealing cameo by Stefan Pacel.
- All this and we only went 57 minutes over our 2hr self imposed deadline. Go us!
Direct download: RSUK43_2017-07-03_v3.mp3
-- posted at: 11:26pm UTC