Fri, 12 September 2014
- Albert Bechtold from Performance Designs discusses all sorts of things in our headline interview.
- School of Hard Knocks with Paul Moore
- Front Cover
- Draw to win a RSUK tshirt.
- Brian sniffs incessantly. Sorry about that.
- Craig returns. And he talks.
- Craig talks some more.
- Craig is still recovering from mal #9 when mal #10 arrives. Video here.
- Ice bucket challenge with Bruno Brokken - GWS
- Review of World Championships in Banja Luka, Bosnia.
- Review of World Championships in Prostejov, Czech Republic.
- Golden Knights 8wayFS funnel an exit but still score more than anyone else on that round. Video here.
- British National Championships in 4way is 78 teams.
- Back Cover by Rob Lloyd of Skydive DWS 4way FS team.
- Backflying in FS suits.
- New camera on the scene ReplayXD PrimeX.
If you like the show, please tell one person about it.
Direct download: RSUK12_2014-09-10.mp3
-- posted at: 11:43pm UTC
Tue, 26 August 2014
- Interview with Maxine Tate from Canopy Piloting School Flight-1.com
- School of Hard Knocks with Nina Engel
- We really do play Jason Farrant’s interview about the swoop pond at Dunks this episode.
- Thought for the Day with Martin Soulsby
- Craig declares this to be the. Worst. Episode. Ever.
- Craig makes a late submission by email but I think we edited it in seamlessly.
- Listener voicemail from Lorene Latour.
- Front Cover by Gary Wainwright of the D100 Facing Diamond 100way over Klatovy.
- Tash makes a slip of the tongue whilst pretending to be a qualified judge - will anyone spot?
- Tash learns head down in 20mins in the tunnel and plans her judging future meticulously.
- We talk about gender equality in skydiving. Brian talks VERY carefully.
- Bonus School of Hard Knocks with Martin Reynolds
- Back Cover by Rob Lloyd of the “insert collective noun here” of Canopy Piloting Judges at Dunkeswell.
- Yes, it has been pointed out to Brian that finding someone called “Fred” at Nethers will be tricky.
- Brian Vacher's Canopy Control Seminar
- Share the Episode 10 Facebook post to be in with a chance of winning a tshirt.
If you like our show, please tell one person about it.
Direct download: RSUK11_2014-08-19.mp3
-- posted at: 10:24pm UTC
Mon, 18 August 2014
- Headline interview with Tony Uragallo from Tonysuits.com
- School of Hard Knocks with Dr Rainer “Exi” Hoenle.
- We forget to the play the interview with Jason Farrant from Dunkeswell but it’ll be on Ep11.
- Thought for the Day with Jamie Flynn (www.epictv.com Back to BASEics)
- Guest presenter Crystal Sanchez talks about her DZ tour of the UK.
- Sibson, Langar, Hib and Chatteris so far. Nethers coming up.
- Front Cover by Robert Troup of Crystal.
- Crystal adds to the list of information for skydivers visiting the UK.
- Back Cover by Rob Lloyd of Wez Westley swooping at Dunkeswell
- Another logo submission, this one from Stew Vincent
- Our longest ever episode. We won’t ever go longer.
- Brian’s back in the wingsuiting game.
- Craig has a super hard and fast mal on his Sensei 81 and is still sore a week later.
- Joel doesn’t enjoy his trip. Oopsie.
- Crystal talks a lot but she’s charming with it
If you like our show please tell one person about us.
If you want to win a tshirt, share our Facebook post about this episode, post “I love Radio Skydive UK”, be sure to tag us and we’ll enter you into a draw for an RSUK tshirt.
Direct download: RSUK10_2014-08-06.mp3
-- posted at: 10:26pm UTC
Tue, 29 July 2014
- Tony Uragallo talks wingsuits, wingsuit competitions, wingsuit manufacturing, wingsuit BASE and if you’re 5’9” and have an aerodynamic beer belly he’s probably got a suit that’ll fit you for a good price.
- Gary - Your ‘dad’ says that you have to interview with us. ;-)
- Introducing Tash.
- Listener Emails - Robbie G’s logo and Red writes to Viki.
- Craig strokes his thighs as we hit 5,000 downloads.
- Front cover by Gary Crisp of The Roast Beef and Le Petit Pois 2way VFS team over Skydive Hibaldstow.
- Listener email Billy asks what to expect when he moves from the USA to Edinburgh.
- Tash confirms she is a judge that jumps.
- 2way VFS competition at Hib.
- Tash looks forward to judging at the US Nationals.
- Golden Knights funny.
- Tash reveals.
- Brian loves a good wedding and has a good whuffo story.
- Craig has a jumping birthday and feasts on as much tunnel as he can eat.
- Craig jumps with a Z-list celeb.
- SoHK with Vinny Howard, CCI of the Irish Parachute Centre. Ouchie.
- Jamie Flynn’s recovery from injury is made into an entertaining Epic TV show)
- Back cover by Sam Bemment of Wes Guest. Possibly over Nethers.
If you like our show, please tell one person about it so we can continue to grow.
Direct download: RSUK9_2014-07-16.mp3
-- posted at: 8:12pm UTC
Mon, 30 June 2014
- Tony Uragallo from Tony Suits interview.
- Craig shuts down Brian’s thread on DZ.com for no good reason.
- We record using new equipment and just like skydivers you despair at, we record without having tested the equipment thoroughly. What’s the worst that could happen? We haven’t got much to talk about anyway.
- Skydivers getting stroppy about the portrayal of their sport in the media.
- New microphone booms make a cool noise when banged together. By accident. Repeatedly.
- Soulflyers beautiful new video. High altitude plus proxy flying under canopy.
- Walking with your eyes turned skyward. Misappropriated quote.
- Progression of 4way discussion not allowed on the Poxcast.
- The packing fairies pack Brian’s rig.
- Front Cover is Giuseppe Damiano tracking away over Skydive Spain. Photo by Sam Bemment.
- Back Cover is a couple over Skydive Sibson, getting married for “Don’t Tell the Bride”, a UK television show. Photo by Macca.
- School of Hard Knocks with Dr John Carter, the BPA Medical Advisor. Premature deployment on a pull out rig whilst head down. Eek.
- Backfly 4way with Brian, Viki, Craig and Yolande.
- Brian shows off his stability kicks.
- Viki has to change her outfit for a wedding the next day due to tunnel bruises.
- Craig ponders jumping a large wingsuit with a Speed Cypres.
- Joel discusses the obsolete elliptical canopy that he jumped over Skydive Dubai. And what not to do.
- Joel is stalking Liz Ashley.
- Ask the Expert with Brian Vacher from the Performance Designs Factory Team. “Turbulence Revisited”
- London Skydivers Drinks mini-poll about perception of risk.
- Ah, we talked for too long. Sorry about that.
Direct download: RSUK8_2014-06-19.mp3
-- posted at: 9:10pm UTC
Thu, 5 June 2014
- Fabien Thomann from Boogieman interview.
- Don't make Viki laugh.
- Everyone gets naked - or do they?
- 3000 downloads - interesting or not?
- Front cover by George Katsoulis.
- Wingsuit (and tracking) Nationals at Netheravon a big success.
- Brian and Craig (in a frap hat) compete and they medal.
- Back Cover photo by Trevor Davies and artwork by André Taylor
- Craig is cheap and a fashion victim.
- Another removable slider.
- Fullface helmet fogging news.
- Bodyflight's turnover plummets as Brian continues to cancel tunnel time
- So it turns out Craig's logbook isn't quite so up to date
- Julian Coulter voicemail and more on the 45 degree rule - in brief!
- Tandem skydiving on a UK soap opera fail.
- A better wing loading calculator.
Direct download: RSUK7_2014-06-04.mp3
-- posted at: 10:19pm UTC
Thu, 22 May 2014
- Kate Cooper-Jensen interview Part 2.
- School of Hard Knocks also with Kate Cooper-Jensen.
- 2 THOUSAND downloads.
- Listener comments from Garnett, James, Carlos, Markus, Michael, Mark and Roy.
- Freefall drift. 45 degree rule.
- Front Cover by Matthew Black.
- Brian’s cleared to jump and does.
- Brian talks about his desire to be an AFF instructor.
- Craig’s back fly team BackChatt flew the SingleA blocks for the first time.
- Proliferation of wind tunnels.
- Speed Cypres acquired.
- Airprox = bloody hell.
- Update to Android “Skydiving Draw” app.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, leave a voicemail for us using Skype at "Radio Skydive UK" and check us out on Facebook.
Direct download: RSUK6_2014-05-20.mp3
-- posted at: 9:06am UTC
Thu, 8 May 2014
Kate Cooper-Jensen interview. School of Hard Knocks with Carsten Cooper-Jensen. Ask the Expert with Brian Vacher. Listener voicemails from Karen, Fiona, Rebecca and SDR Dave. Music and earplugs in freefall. Guest presenter Joel likes both types of skydiving. Craig took the family to the tunnel. Back cover by Basingstoke Airkix. AAD firing heights. Front cover by Mark Wane. Brian plans his first jump back. More logging. German audience. More innuendo heavy vocals by Janina. More required. Email us at email@example.com and leave a voicemail for us using Skype at "Radio Skydive UK"
Direct download: RSUK5_2014-05-07.mp3
-- posted at: 9:37pm UTC
Fri, 25 April 2014
The Freefall Camera crew from The University of Nottingham present the best ever University project. Back Cover: Freefall Camera in the tunnel. St Georges Day story. Listener Markus Wolf voicemail. What do you log? Front Cover by Chris Cook. Brian bought gear but no idea. Viki is current again in a "slow and little" single prop plane. Craig jumped his Sensei 81 at 2.8:1 and got sicked on. Finnish CompAir accident and plane emergencies. School of Hard Knocks with Craig. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and leave a voicemail for us using skype at "Radio Skydive UK"
Direct download: RSUK4_2014-04-23.mp3
-- posted at: 6:10am UTC
Sun, 13 April 2014
Ernesto Gainza speaks about his World Record landing of a 35sq ft canopy - the smallest ever. School of Hard Knocks by Ernesto. Bodyflight World Challenge news, Craig eating humble pie and an intro to guest presenter Viki.
Direct download: Ep3_2014-04-14.mp3
-- posted at: 8:53pm UTC