Thu, 25 January 2018
- Your Goals and out goals for 2018
- Rai Ahmed School of Hard Knocks
- Front Cover by Claudio Cagnasso of Roy Wimmer-Jaglom holding a freefall tube and Carlos Pedro Briceño headdown in his Squirrel wingsuit.
- Back Cover self portrait by Sam Bemment “Cogito ergo sum”
- Christopher Parsons reader submission
- Tom Shorten digital logbook template
- IPC stuff
- XRW stuff
- Craig said stuff
- Rai said stuff
- Brian said stuff
- Joel (remember him?) he said stuff too.
- Tash said stuff. And she wasn't even there!
Thank you for listening, see you at the Expo.
Direct download: RSUK48_2018-01-16.mp3
-- posted at: 5:20pm UTC
Sun, 24 December 2017
Radio-ho-ho Skydive UK Christmas Cracker bumper edition for when you get bored of turkey and TV.
- Tristan Hampson exclusive headline interview about the demise of Airborne San Diego
- Fred and Vince fly back into a a Porter (sometimes)
- More junk day shenanigans
- Who bought Daewoo QT1 Compact Microwave Oven and Kenny Loggins’ Danger Zone?
- Cover photo is of Frosty getting back into the sport in his comfort zone by Fordy
- Who wasn't at the Diani boogie?
- Vote now in the BPA election
- Surprise winner at first indoor wingsuit competition
- Dilys Price book club - The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- Ask the Expert with Pete Allum about coaching
- Interview with Arthur Amara from AON2 about his new X2 digital altimeter
- Rai has only been to Bahrain since the last episode
- Craig and Tash haven't been anywhere
- Brian's been at work (again) so we went looooong again
Direct download: Episode47..mp3
-- posted at: 7:26pm UTC
Sun, 26 November 2017
- Dilys Price - Pride of Britain - headline interview
- Rob Lloyd 'Ask the Expert' who critiques the GoPro 6 but recommends the Aukey 4K Action Camera
- John Le Blanc 'Book Club' who recommends The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
- Front Cover by Steve Fitch of of Sarge Atlarge and friends jumping an RAAF C-17 Globemaster over Skydive Ramblers (Australia).
- Back cover by Craig of his daughter Agnes modelling his Square One Kiss full face helmet.
- Brian is late and it's been a while so bumper episode!
- The wingsuit tunnel is one that Rai hasn't yet been in but we talk about it anyway
- Rai tried to go in Airborne San Diego but it had sadly closed by the time she got there...permanently :-(
- Craig has a nerdgasm over AON2's forthcoming altimeter the X2+
- The Freefall camera guys have shrunk their project and have permission from the CAA to test
- New sequential world record - 3 point 217 way
- And a new night record
- The Aussies get to jump a C-17
- Beautiful XRW with a Porter, Fred, Vince, Pete and friends
- Bear Grylls wind tunnel coming to Birmingham
- The Wolf theorem of bigway multi-point formations
- Rai double busy commenting at the WCIS and joining the Wuhan Clan
- Tash has also been busy as HoD at the Wingsuit World Cup and judging at the USPA CF and FS Nationals
- Craig has sold his Senseis and will order an out-of-stock stock Performance Designs Valkyrie
- Brian never made it - best episode ever!
Direct download: Episode36.mp3
-- posted at: 11:11pm UTC
Thu, 9 November 2017
- Norman Kent feature length XL interview, recorded October 2015 at Skydive Perris
- Norman takes us on a journey.
- Why he’s bored of being asked about Point Break. Oops.
- And Point Break 2.
- Why he moved to Florida.
- Why you shouldn’t be a hero.
- His favourite discipline to film and how wing suiting is different to all of them.
- What he does when he’s not skydiving.
- What his favourite bit of kit is.
- What he’d do if he was the King of Skydiving.
- Norman Kent School of Hard Knocks can be found on RSUK32
- RSUK46 planned for late November.
If you'd like to comment, please email, facebook or better yet, record some audio on your smartphone and email it to email@example.com
We hope you enjoy.
Direct download: RSUK45-_2017-11-0.mp3
-- posted at: 7:05am UTC
Mon, 11 September 2017
- Bill Booth, UPTVector demi-god, headline interview
Rob Lloyd Ask The Expert about your first camera helmet and stills camera
Bill Legard Book Club recommendation is “Boyd: The Fighter Pilot Who Changed the Art of War”
- Front Cover by Chris Cook of Tom Shorten over Skydive Langar
- Back Cover of Brian by Clem Quinn in Bewl Reservoir
- Nationals, Nationals, Nationals, Nationals (Tash and Rai won medals)
- Worlds, Worlds, Worlds
- Hilarious video mention of Jason Hobbs’ shoe coming off and attacking Emily Sugars under canopy. Video by Max Holmes.
- No mention of Stefan Pacel, at all. Thanks to a recent request from Oli Ellis.
- Swoop Challenge in Denmark (London 2019?)
Eclipse jumps in the dark
- A ‘tea leaf’ meets the ‘Old Bill’ thanks to Macca
- Shunt, a novel by Stubert Ferglestein, glowing recommendations flood in… “it’s not shit”. #shuntnotshit
- Brian learns to check that jumps are fancy dress before turning up suitably attired.
- Craig went to Germany for the World Cup. They started it. Then they stopped it. Then they started it. Repeat to fade…
- Craig was driving past Skydive London, thought it would be rude not to pop in and say hi, two jumps later…
- Tash flies to Raeford to Judge at the USPA CF Nationals
- Rai tells you whether you should learn to freefly on slow or fast wind speed settings in the tunnel. No wait, she cops out and says “a bit of both”.
- Brian had better weather in Czech Republic than Craig in Germany and loves the event video by Dan Girdea and Dave Clarke
- Ep45 coming up in Sept featuring a full length interview with Norman Kent.
Contribute via facebook, email or better yet record some audio on your smart phone and email it to us on firstname.lastname@example.org We love to hear from you.
Please share this post. Please share our podcast. Please write us a review wherever you source your podcasts from. We love you long time. x
Direct download: RSUK44_2017-09-11.mp3
-- posted at: 11:19pm UTC
Sun, 9 July 2017
- Rocky Evans Headline Interview
- SoHK with Marko M. Very dark.
- AtE with... oh... we forgot to play it. Oopsie!
- Front Cover by John Carter of Sophie, Ming and Adam over Skydive Langar
- Back Cover by Carlos Crow of the plane at Headcorn circling a CF formation.
- Max Hurd and Speed Skydiving
- Fraser Corsan new World Record
- Some famous couple's son, who we don't really care about, does a tandem.
- Teuge imminent closure?
- Will the APF change plane restraint recommendations?
- Brian has bigway fun at Black Knights and Peterlee
- Brian talks about camera helmets and displays his ignorance.
- IPC Alternate Delegate position settled in the RSUK studio by naked jelly wrestling
- Rai pops in and pops out - time continuity issue
- Tash rocks, does a canopy course and a CF camp in foreignerland.
- Craig talks succinctly and is straight to the point. Only kidding.
- Craig goes to Buckingham Palace and the Queen refuses to meet him. True Story.
- Show stealing cameo by Stefan Pacel.
- All this and we only went 57 minutes over our 2hr self imposed deadline. Go us!
Direct download: RSUK43_2017-07-03_v3.mp3
-- posted at: 11:26pm UTC
Mon, 29 May 2017
- Jarno Cordia Wingsuiter Headline Interview
- Alex Grisman Ask The Expert about Jet Engines and Turbine Engines
- We record over Skype - apologies for sound quality
- Front cover by Chris Stone over Skydive Algarve of the BCPA hybrid bigway record.
- Back cover by Stuart Bain or Jen and Ant Edwards celebrating their 3rd wedding anniversary.
- Listener feedback from Matthias von Bargen
- Craig gets a hard-on for skydiving tech (Brilliant Pebbles, Dekunu, Chronos, Drone jumps, wind tunnel virtual reality, FSNinja website and app.
- Everyone else falls asleep.
- Squirrel prove that wing suits can go up.
- 101 yr old does a tandem - oldest ever?
- SOS sequential records.
- Brian jumps in France. Bonjour mon petit pois! And gets confused by wing loading formulae.
- Tash jumps with her FS team in Algarve and has her very own MOAB. Mother Of All Bruises.
- Bruise of the year competition launched
- Brian and Rai impress with the size of their logbooks, namely the jumps taken to get to their A.
- Tash jumps with her CF team at Headcorn. And maybe is swayed by alcoholic gifts in the bar to award extra points (and therefore prizes). “You won’t believe what she was given!”
- Rai writes a travel book based on wind tunnels in the world.
Please tell one person about us, or subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play or another podcast directory.
Direct download: RSUK42_2017-05-22.mp3
-- posted at: 6:18pm UTC
Tue, 11 April 2017
- Dave Schwartz Headline Interview
- Dave Schwartz School of Hard Knocks
- Dave Schwartz Ask the Expert about opening plane doors during flight
- Dave Schwartz Book Club
- Looby Lou Smith-Wildey Front Cover photo of Wez Westley swooping his Peregrine framed perfectly in the reflection of sunglasses
- David Waterman Back Cover photo of Jackie Smith reaching for the accuracy dead centre during a downwind accuracy competition on a round parachute.
- Fanboy Craig gets a little tongue tied in the presence of his hero
- Tash does CF over Headcorn and Langar
- Brian gets stitched up by Dave. Beer, red wine, $70 tequila. No-one notices him slurring his words.
- Brian bemoans the poor weather in Florida and yearns for the sunny blue skies of the UK.
- BPA Safety and Training Committee makes a decision about age related medicals.
- Twinwoods Adventure World Challenge results
- Brian want’s you to Kiss His Booties
- Craig jumps three weekends in a row but doesn’t know what fun is.
- Dave ruins the show. We think it’s sabotage from a competitor. Blue on blue.
- If you’re listening to us on iTunes, please give us a review there.
- If not, please force one person to download our show and don’t untie them until they do.
We love all listener feedback, Facebook, email or send over some audio you record on your smart phone to email@example.com
Direct download: RSUK41_2017-04-10.mp3
-- posted at: 4:09pm UTC
Fri, 17 March 2017
- TK Hayes, DZO of Zephyr Hills interviewed by Gil Sharon.
- Front Cover by Tom Shorten taken over Skydive Langar
- Martin Soulsby (birthday boy) School of Hard Knocks
- Back Cover by James Lee taken over Skydive Langar
- Happy birthday to Martin Soulsby, Dave Schwartz but more importantly, happy birthday to us! Yay. Three.
- Rafael Schwaiger - Skydive Dubai - Two out video with a Petra 69
- Perris DC9 rumours
- Fraser Corsan wingsuit record attempts dismissed unless he lands in boxes.
- Sad news about Jyro from NZ Aerosports.
- Jackie Smith launches her book. Why hasn’t this legend got a wikipedia page?
- Go on make us more popular, 10 more fb likes to hit 1000.
- Brian announces he is Load Organising at “Klatovy Bigway Fun”. 7-11th August. Come along?
- Brian makes plans for his Florida trip. Who should he interview when there?
- Kiss My Booties 4way team get a namecheck. Best team name ever?
- Craig gets some FS coaching and confirms he has an Aussie ‘E’ Licence Certificate
- And gets to tell his Cookie rig story
- Tash smashes the tunnel
- Islander Stall Spin from years ago
- Who found the Easter Egg from Ep39? Don’t ruin the surprise for everyone but let us know if you liked it.
If you liked the show, please tell one person about us.
Direct download: RSUK40-2016-03-16.mp3
-- posted at: 1:05am UTC
Mon, 27 February 2017
- Klaus Renz headline interview. Jumping in North Korea.
- Front Cover by Eve Mason. Taken over Skydive Langar. Pretty sunset.
- Jumping through clouds, legally. Special feature from Garnett. We love him.
- Back Cover by Aled Bonsall of Regan just after landing on his 50th birthday jump. He is the definition of sartorial elegance.
- Craig jumps in Oz. Not through a cloud.
- Rai jumps in Spain. Bit windy.
- Tash and Brian don't.
- Brian is LTD. Living The Dream.
- Rai's done a canopy course. You should too.
- We eat pancakes.
- Can you find the Easter Egg?
- The Expo happened. Craig went to bed early.
Direct download: RSUK39.mp3
-- posted at: 11:59pm UTC